Various social events are scheduled during the course to promote social interaction among Course Members, Faculty and Staff, Guests Speakers and visitors to the College. Spouses (except on functions that are primarily of academic nature) are generally invited. Most social events will be organized by Course Members, but some NDC sponsored events are also scheduled during the course. The College Secretary coordinates protocol activities for the College on social activities sponsored by NDC.
NDC SPONSORED EVENTS
NDC sponsored events are as follows:
- Commandant's Reception Party: (05 September 22) This is the first Commandant's encounter with Course Members for the purpose of welcoming them to NDC.
- Commandant's Dinners: Several Commandants’ dinners will be organized during the course. These will be indicated in the Weekly Programme.
- NDC Cultural Day: Conducted on the last Friday of Module 6. Cultural groups from Dar-es-Salaam area are invited to NDC for cultural performances. All Course Members should be prepared for the Cultural Day preparations and Display of Cultural items.
- Trade Fair Exhibition: (Before 08 Jul 23) this is done by taking Course Members to the trade fair exhibition ground for them to witness the exhibitions.
- NDC Course Members Dinner Night: This will be held by Course Members themselves a day or two before the Valedictory function; whereby the Commandant will address the Course Members before they graduate.
- Graduation Reception: (29 Jul 23) The graduation reception is hosted by the NDC following the graduation ceremony. It is attended by the Faculty and Staff, Course Members, families and invited guests.
- National Holiday: This is done by raising National flag and playing National Anthem of Course Member’s respective Nation, followed by his/her remarks and Commandant’s remarks.
COURSE MEMBERS SPONSORED EVENTS
It is a custom that, outgoing Course Members bid farewell to the College whereby the Guest of Honour is the NDC Commandant. The Course Members through their own initiatives may organize additional social events during the course such as Course Picnic, Graduation Party, and the like. The number of events and format of each is at the discretion of the Course Members.
Social events at NDC are an important part of the extra-curricular activities of the College. Course Members are the sole determinants and supporters of the college Social Programmes. The type of function, plan and organization will mostly rely on their proposals.